- All Transportation Division Reports
- All Reports with Keywords 'Transportation Issues'
- Search Energy Commission Reports
Diesel Fuel Statistics and Data
May 02, 2016 - Still climbing up for a third week. Regular is higher than last week's price by several cents.
The average price in California for regular gasoline increased 3.4-cents from the previous week. The average statewide price for regular was $2.809. Mid-grade and premium prices increased as well.
The national average for self-serve regular is at $2.240, up 7.8 cents from the previous week.This is 56.9 cents lower than the price of regular in California.
DATA, FACTS, & STATS...
Diesel fuel is the second largest transportation fuel in California behind gasoline. In 2007, more than three billlion gallons of diesel were sold, according to the state Board of Equalization.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy's Energy Information Administraiton, "Nearly all semi-trucks, delivery vehicles, buses, trains, ships, boats and barges, farm, construction and military vehicles and equipment have diesel engines. In 2006, diesel fuel accounted for about 16% of total refined petroleum products and 77% of the total distillate consumed in the U.S. On-highway motor vehicles use about 75% of total diesel fuel, with the rest consumed by "off-highway" construction, farming equipment, military and railroad vehicles and equipment, and marine craft." (Source: EIA Petroleum Navigator: Product Supplied)
- Daily California Average Diesel Prices (AAA)
- Daily U.S. Diesel Prices (TruckMiles.com)
- Daily U.S. Diesel Prices (the Trucker.com)
- Weekly Retail On-Highway Diesel Fuel Prices (Energy Information Administration)
- Weekly Retail On-Highway Diesel Prices, Last 53 Weeks (Energy Information Administration)
- Biodiesel Price Report (U.S. DOE, EERE)
- Biodiesel Fueling Facilities (U.S. DOE, EERE)
- Biodiesel Performance, Costs, and Use [Analysis Paper] (Energy Information Administration)
- California Weekly Average Diesel Prices (MS Excel file, 7/1995 to 5/2008)
- Diesel Production & Inventory (Monthly Petroleum Watch)
- Taxable Diesel Sales in California 2000-2008 (PDF file, State Board of Equalization)
- Retail Fuel Outlet Survey Results