- Personally identifiable information may only be obtained through lawful means.
- The purposes for which personally identifiable data are collected shall be specified at or prior to the time of collection, and any subsequent use of the data shall be limited to and consistent with the fulfillment of those purposes previously specified.
- Personal data may not be disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for a purpose other than those specified, except with the consent of the subject of the data, or as required by law or regulation.
- Personal data collected shall be relevant to the purpose for which it is needed.
- The general means by which personal data is protected against loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure shall be posted, unless the disclosure of those general means would compromise legitimate agency objectives or law enforcement purposes.
- Prominently posting the policy physically in its offices and on its Internet website, if any;
- Distributing the policy to each of its employees and contractors who have access to personal data;
- Complying with the Information Practices Act (Civil Code Section 1798 et seq.), the Public Records Act (Government Code Section 6250 et seq.), Government Code Section 11015.5, and all other laws pertaining to information privacy, and
Energy Commission Website Privacy
The California Energy Commission adheres to the above mentioned state laws relating to privacy. There are three pages on our website where information may be collected that could be subject to the state's privacy laws and regulations:
- Our on-line complaint page (in keeping with AB 206 - Citizen's Complaint Act of 1997)
- Our list server page
Our on-line Complaint Form complies with Assembly Bill 206, the Citizens Complaint Act of 1997. Comments and complaints about the Commission are reviewed and answered by the Commission's Media and Public Communication's Office. Copies of the e-mail correspondence are kept by the office.
Our list server page allows the public to sign-up on any of dozens of various automated e-mail lists using "MajorDomo" software. The subscribers e-mail addresses are maintained by the webmaster, are kept confidential and not available to the public or for any other purposes.
The Commission website uses no "cookies" and does not use software for tracking specific visitors to its website.
For other legal information about our website and its "Conditions of Use," please go to: www.energy.ca.gov/conditions.html